Scope of this Policy
Information we collect from you
You can browse this Site and the websites of the other Chic Outlet Shopping® members or visit the other Villages that are Chic Outlet Shopping® members without us collecting information from you but if you register for Membership, submit your CV and details in connection with our section on Careers or participate in other initiatives or activities (whether online or offline) that we may offer or operate from time to time, we may take some of your details. The information we may collect and process about you could include:
- Membership (Stay in touch) – The information you provide by registering with our Membership including your title, name and contact details. In order to successfully complete a registration form, you must also consent to us contacting you by e-mail, by post and through any other means of contact that you choose to provide to us;
- Chic Outlet Shopping® Updates – The information you provide when registering for our updates from Chic Outlet Shopping® including your title, name, contact details and preferred language;
- Careers (submit CV) – The information you provide when submitting your CV including your title, name, contact details, date of birth, desired positions, work type, skills, experience, nationality, preferred departments, availability and where you heard of us;
- Surveys/Research – We may also ask you (if you accept) to complete surveys or join research/focus groups and the information you provide through these including your preferences and profile information;
- Promotions – We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us;
- Gift Card – The information you provide when you apply for a Gift Card including your title, name and contact information;
- Photo/Video Sharing/Forums/Blogs – The information or images you provide when you post content to or comments on, or otherwise submit material for publication in, various areas of our Site, including our chat forum, bulletin board, blog, micro-blog, forum, video and photo galleries and other interactive areas;
- Your Visits to our Site – Details of your visits to our Site including traffic data, weblogs and other communications data and the resources that you access; and
- Contacting us – If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Please note that it may not always be necessary to complete all fields of information in order to benefit from our services or promotions but the required data fields will typically be marked with an asterisk*.
Where we store your information
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the information that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. Where you have chosen a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We ensure that your information will not be disclosed to regulators or authorities except where required by law or other regulation.
How we use your information
Chic Outlet Shopping® and the other Villages that are Chic Outlet Shopping® members may use the information held about you in a variety of ways. The following list gives examples of the types of use we may make of your information:
- technical administration of the Site and to personalise our services;
- to understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested, such as the processing of your information for a job vacancy for the brands at the Villages that are Chic Outlet Shopping® members and providing you with the Gift Card or Membership services;
- to provide you with information about events, special offers, promotions and other matters relevant to Chic Outlet Shopping® and the Villages that are Chic Outlet Shopping® members or the brands that you request from us or which we consider may be of interest to you (including host mailings);
- to share your information with our carefully selected marketing partners for the purposes of informing you of goods, services, promotions, offers and forthcoming events which we consider may be of interest to you;
- data cleansing to ensure that the information we hold is kept accurate and up to date;
- for research and analysis and in order that we may contact you from time to time for such a purpose or for the purpose of conducting surveys or focus groups;
- to notify you about changes to our services; and
- general marketing activities.
We may contact you by post, e-mail, SMS text messages or telephone or other appropriate means.
If you do not want us to use your information for marketing, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please indicate this when you provide your information. If you already receive communications from us and would like this to stop, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com
Please see below for information held by Chic Outlet Shopping® and the other Villages that are Chic Outlet Shopping® members.
We may disclose information about you to the companies behind the Chic Outlet Shopping® members. To find out more about the companies behind Chic Outlet Shopping® and the Villages that are Chic Outlet Shopping® members, please click here.
We may disclose your information to third parties including:
- to our carefully selected marketing partners;
- to the brands located at the relevant village in the event that you have submitted a CV in our Careers section applying for vacancies;
- international suppliers that process information on our behalf and partners who assist in providing our services to you;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection; and
- successors in title or replacement operators of all or part of our business.
You can choose not to accept cookies by altering the settings on your Internet browser. To do this, go to the help option on your toolbar. If you do choose to adjust your settings in this way this should not affect the use of the Site. For more information about how cookies work you may find it useful to visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 17 years of age.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to our carefully selected marketing partners for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by indicating this when we collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You are entitled to ask us whether we are keeping information about you and if so to ask to have access to this information. In order to receive a copy of any information that we currently hold about you, please send your contact details including address, proof of identification (such as a copy of your passport, driving licence or other documentation confirming your name and address, for example a utility bill and enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to Value Retail PLC to cover administration expenses to the following address: Legal Team, Bicester Village, 50 Pingle Drive, Bicester, Oxfordshire OX26 6WD.
We allow you to challenge the information that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have information erased, rectified, amended or completed. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with a copy of your information, but will give reasons for our refusal. We do, however, allow you to challenge our decision to refuse to provide you with a copy of your information.
You can also use the above details for requests relating to use of your information held by any UK companies behind Chic Outlet Shopping® and the other Villages that are Chic Outlet Shopping® members. If your requests relate to use of your information held by the non-UK companies behind the other Villages that are Chic Outlet Shopping® members, please refer to the contact details of their Privacy Policies on their websites.
© Value Retail PLC 2012